Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! and 2010 Goals

At church yesterday, the celebrant mentioned a 'Christmas' button that many people have been wearing. His sermon started off by saying how angry this made him, but I think that was more to get our attention than anything else.




What's wrong with saying "Merry Christmas?" I guess I've never thought of it that way. To a non-Christian, I typically say Happy Holidays, out of respect for their beliefs. At the same time, I do see how Christians shouldn't shy away from celebrating Christmas, the birth of Christ.

We spent the Christmas holidays together as an extended family, and had a big feast, a family gathering, a nice prayer beforehand, where our whole family holds hands in a big circle around the kitchen island. I wasn't thinking of exercise or diet or health or happiness, per se, but more about family and what that's meant to me. And also, the decade that was, how much of a blur it really was, and everything that happened in the last ten years.

I've been taking it very easy the past few days, resting, gearing up for 2010, reflecting, trying to improve, trying to clean house. It's always good to have extended rest periods, to calm everything down, to renew, to rest, to clean up. I have my personal goals for 2010, and they are not trivial. They go from least important to most important.

1.) Get down to my ideal weight, once and for all :)
2.) Cross train, do yoga, core, abs, cardio, and strength train regularly
3.) Begin 2010 with 30 days of very healthy and disciplined eating
4.) Train for and complete the 2010 San Jose Rock and Roll Half Marathon
5.) Train for and complete the 2010 San Francisco Marathon
6.) Become 100% better professionally, as an engineer
7.) Become 100% better personally, as a father and a husband

Wish me luck, it won't be easy, but I plan on getting all of them accomplished, and accomplished with grace, style, and panache. :) Try writing a few goals for 2010 for yourself, write them down, post them so you can see them everyday, and take action daily to get them done.

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment