Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent - Day 1

For the first time in 43 years, I'm going to observe and experience Lent. Not so much "go through it" like I have in the past, but really take the time to reflect and focus on something more meaningful personally.

Matthew 6:1-16 are the readings for today, Ash Wednesday, which mark the beginning of Lent. The readings are profound in that some advice is plainly laid out. Humility and Generosity, first and foremost, and their combination. When you give, do so without attention, do so quietly. When you pray, pray privately and quietly. When you fast, don't let everyone know you are doing so.

There's a quiet confidence and peace coming from those words, and as I write this "publicly" in my blog today, it's really meant for my personal reflection and not to broadcast to all, more like a diary I suppose. I am thankful for this time and these precious moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment