Saturday, June 12, 2010

SFM Training : Week 10 Review, Week 11 Preview

10 weeks down ... 6 to go.  And we're in injury territory officially, in jeopardy of canceling the SFM.  :(

Monday: 90 minutes of Power Flow Yoga.  My right knee, which has been problematic for a few weeks now, even gave me trouble in Yoga, not a good sign.

Tuesday: 8x800m intervals on the treadmill.  Actually felt okay, the knee was holding up fine.

Wednesday: 90 minutes of Hatha Yoga.  Same deal, the knee felt balky again, tight in the back and inner part, just didn't feel right.  Hips, etc. were stretchy and good, though.

Thursday: Skipped the 5 mile tempo run completely, it was painful to walk today.

Friday: REST, hoping the knee would allow me to run at least some on Saturday.

Saturday: 15 mile LSD Run ... turned into a swim, bike, walk at the gym.  Even the swim was painful, the darn frog kick for the breast stroke was especially painful.  So, I just did 1000 easy yards in the pool, followed by 30 easy minutes on the bike, and 30 easy minutes walking on the treadmill, followed by some light stretching.  Man, something's not right with my knee, I'm going to get it checked out next week.
 
Now for Week #11 upcoming, it a 'long' week, but I'm OOT from M-W, so that'll put a kink in my normal training plans, not to mention my knee.  We'll see how it goes, but this is the plan for next week.

M: DIY Yoga
TU: 4x1600m intervals
W: DIY Yoga
TH: 8 mile tempo
F: P90X Yoga or Hatha Yoga
SA: 20 mile hilly LSD run
SU: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment