Monday, November 8, 2010

P90X Lean - Week 13 of 13

Done!  90 days of P90X is done.  I didn't end it with the greatest week, I ended up skipping YogaX on Saturday and XStretch on Sunday, and will add them to the 'make up week' I'm doing a few weeks from now.

It was actually a very good, gradual, and subtle program.  I really like the Lean routine, much more than the Classic, because I feel a lot more open, and a lot less tight, especially in my shoulders and back.  My core, which is pretty whacked, feels a lot better.  And my cardio, although I haven't run in a long time, is decent.  The main thing is that I'm stronger and more flexible, and more durable, and that was my goal from the get go.

As far as weight and all that go, I honestly think I haven't changed much in the program.  I think my upper body is stronger, my core is stronger and my body-fat percentage may have changed ever so slightly.  I don't really worry about any of those 'measurable' things so much.  How much weight, how many reps, etc. doesn't really matter.  I just know that I'm not injured, I'm stronger, I'm more flexible, and I feel great physically.

For the next few weeks, I'm in a transition phase, doing a lot of Yoga before I make up the P90X workouts for a week or so.  Then, I'm onto TRX + P90X for about 2 months to see what that's all about.  Here's a brief preview of my workout week which will happen sometime in December.  I think this will be a big eye-opener because the TRX workouts are no joke, and this will take the "Muscle Confusion" thing to a different level.

M: TRX Basic
TU: P90X CardioX, KenpoX, or PlyoX
W: TRX Strength
TH: P90X YogaX
F: TRX Cardio
SA: P90X Core Synergistics
SU: TRX Flexibility

No comments:

Post a Comment