Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent 2012

This Lenten Season is upon us, a time to reflect and review, take inventory of life itself, it's meaning, and how to better it.  Last year during Mass the Sunday before Ash Wednesday, I bought a book called "Lenten Grace" which was put together by Catholic Nuns and Sisters to reflect on each day of Lent.  Each day, they review a passage in the Bible, then discuss it's meaning, then offer a prayer.  I think it's a great way to spend a few moments with God, to stop living so quickly, and reflect on many positive words of wisdom.

Whatever you're "giving up" for Lent, whatever your doing for Lent to honor God, know that there are many that share your journey.  I like to think of this time as something very beautiful and positive, not something restrictive or abstained at all.  To get closer to God, to me, is always what feels best.

I pray for you, my friend, that this Lenten Season and Journey brings you peace and happiness, and positive thoughts and energy.  May God Bless you this season and always, and may you find purpose and beauty in this time and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment