Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Aryuvedic Cleanse - Day 2 of 4

Just woke up, had a digestive herb, some ghee and rice milk.  First day wasn't bad at all, I got through it fine, with no issues.  I took my yoga class last night, and took it fairly easy, didn't push the boundaries too far, held back, and rested so cleanly in savasana, a feeling I've been experiencing well lately.

I had the portions of brown basmati rice (which is the yummiest part of the meals), kitchari (which isn't half bad), and mung soup (umm...), as mentioned and it was great.  I feel cleaner already.  As a Vegan, my digestion is very good already, but change is always good for the body, and the nutrients I'm getting and the simplicity of the food I'm eating is already having an effect.  I feel less bloated, more alert, and more supple.

The highlight of the day had to be the self massage and the hot bath (need to buy more epsom salt).  Made me sleep like a baby last night, something I've been longing for a long time.  Surprisingly, my face, even though doused with the massage oil, is clear and supple this morning.  I felt a sense of detoxification and release after the bath and then to bed.

Day Two then, is a repeat of Day One, save for the amount of Ghee (now 4 tsp).  Seems like a lot, but with the warm rice milk, you can't even tell.  It's actually really tasty, like Buttered-Popcorn flavored Jelly-Belly's (one of my favorite flavors that I rarely eat), so I don't dread that at all.  I could do Ghee, I think, especially if it really does help me to lose body fat.  I guess then I can't call myself a Vegan, but a Gheevan or something silly like that.  Whatever, labels don't do it for me anyway.

In any case, this cleanse so far is great, and I would recommend it for folks looking to experiment, have an open mind, and want to explore their body's reaction to a different type of treatment.  I wish you the best today, and hope that your day is filled with health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment