Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Laugh!

What is it about laughter that is so good for you?  Can someone educate me?  I mean, we spend so many resources, so much time, so much energy trying to eat right, exercise, be mentally and spiritually centered, find peace, etc.  Sometimes, just a laugh, as simple as that is, puts everything in it's place, even for just a moment.

I'm not talking about a chuckle, a smirk, or a giggle.  I'm talking about something hella funny, something that makes you crack up, hold onto your stomach, make you bend over, cry tears, stop your breathing for a second, you know what I mean.  I had a couple of moments like that the past few days, and really, it felt like, even for a moment, that all was right in the world.  Body centered, mind empty, blood flowing, thoughts quiet, emotionally happy, spiritually in tune.  All because of a good laugh.

I pray for you today, my friend, who may be reading this in search of something very deep and enlightened, to look at the more simple things in life that may give you a sense of peace and joy, even if just for a moment.  Crack up, laugh, live your life, and enjoy the benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment