Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yoga at Night

If you have trouble sleeping, it may not just be your bed that's the issue.  Man, I'm an insomniac sometimes, mostly because my mind keeps going, and going, and going, like the Energizer Bunny.  It takes a while for me to calm down, slow down.  And all the ESPN SportsCenter in the world isn't going to help.  Plus, the Warriors and the Suns were playing a pretty amazing game last night, so I was up watching my hapless Warriors try their best and play a great and fun game last night.

Monday and Wednesday nights for me lately, have been my Yoga nights.  This is much different than what I'm used to.  Usually I'm an early morning Yoga person (Fridays, I do that).  But, something about getting to the studio, taking care of yourself for that 1 hour, getting in a good stretch, and moving and opening your body like that, makes the rest of the night so restful and peaceful.  And you know what, a restful and peaceful night typically means a good morning, and a good day.

Do something nice for yourself and try Yoga at night, either in the privacy of your own home, in a Yoga studio, fitness club, YMCA, wherever.  Find a great teacher, something that you click with, calms you down, and takes you through the poses with detailed instruction.  Listen carefully.  Hear every word, follow the simplest and smallest instructions, they make the biggest differences.  Namaste.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment