Saturday, May 15, 2010

SFM Training : Week 6 Review, Week 7 Preview

6 weeks down ... 10 to go.  Weeks 7 and 8 are going to be tough, but I'll get through it.

Monday: 90 minutes of Power Flow Yoga.  Great class, lots of hip openings and nice stretching and meditation, exactly what I needed.

Tuesday: 5x1200 intervals on the treadmill.  Got it in late at night (9pm), so my body really wasn't up for it.  I had to slow down for the last two intervals, and take it easy.

Wednesday: 90 minutes of Bikram Yoga.  Felt much better, got through the whole class with breath, which is the goal of every Bikram class.

Thursday: 5 mile tempo on the road.  Did this at lunch (75 degrees), a lot hotter and faster than I normally do, but ran with my buddy for the first time in a long time, well worth it for the company.

Friday: 90 minutes of Hatha Flow Yoga.  Changed it up a bit here, foregoing P90X Yoga for yet another week, and well worth it.  Met a great teacher who adjusted my poses and really taught.  I listened like the good student I am, and picked up a lot of great tips and reminders.  I will likely do this class again next week.

Saturday: 15 mile hilly LSD run.  Ran with the same friends as last week, but learned my lesson.  I ran at my pace (12 min/mile) and felt pretty good the whole time.  A nice steady, slow, and even pace throughout.
 
Now for Week #7 upcoming, this is a toughie.

M: Power Flow Yoga
TU: 7x800m intervals
W: Bikram Yoga
TH: 8 mile tempo
F: P90X Yoga or Hatha Yoga
SA: 17 mile hilly LSD run
SU: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment