Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Virtues

Like many good people, I try to live a virtuous life. Emphasis on "try". I try and fail, I try and succeed, then fail again. But, I try again. I'm human, imperfect, with fault, with weakness. But, I try again, and again.

I like to remind myself about what "virtuous" means, and these seven words come to mind. They are printed for me, they serve as goals, as ideals, something to strive for.

Purity
Moderation
Kindness
Generosity
Liveliness
Humility
Contentment

In my times of failure, I look at this list, and see my faults and admit them. Then, I try again. If anything, just reading these words, saying and repeating them, helps me sharpen my focus, thoughts, and actions.

I hope these words, goals, and thoughts find you in a good place, and help you in a small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment