Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yoga Workshop

Just before returning to work after the holidays, I was privileged to participate in a Yoga workshop, 2.5 hours of practice, meditation, and relaxation. Man, that was great! I remember midway through the meditation and relaxation, feeling peace and serenity like I haven't felt in a while, like a baby sleeping, no thoughts, no worries, no issues...just rest, and peace. My teacher passed by me, while I was still, and I felt her hands support my back body, aligning me, and making sure I was at ease. It was a sense of quiet calm that I rarely experience, with such a fast paced lifestyle.

If you've never done yoga before, try it. Either a DVD or a class if you'd like to try. Don't worry about all of the philosophy and depth right away, as many people think it's hokey or weird. I hear you about that. There's a spiritual aspect to Yoga that's difficult to comprehend. Take the benefits, and don't worry about anything else. I think you'll find that it does give you a moment of pause, of peace, of quiet. It's lets your mind rest. And physically, it's tough! You'll probably witness right away how closed your body is, yoga will help open things up, make you more supple, and strengthen your weak spots. It'll make a big difference in the long run, just a little bit at a time.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment