Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good Days and Bad Days

We all have our good days and bad days, don't we?

I was thinking about this a while.  What makes a good day or a bad day?  What's the difference?  What do we do, what do we feel that makes it either good or bad?  It's a deep question, and I'm still pondering.

A few random thoughts come to mind.  Sometimes, a good day is easy to distinguish.  Life's fortune turns your way, your stock portfolio goes higher, your team won a big game last night, you get a raise, do well on a test, you have someone tell you that you are loved, and on and on.  And bad days are just as easy to distinguish sometimes.  You get a flat tire, you get a speeding tickets, someone yells at you, you feel pressure at work or school, you fail at something, you have a bad hair day, you forget something important, and on and on.

So, what about everything in between?  Is it a good day or a bad day?

For me, it's very simple.  Think about this.

When I give, it's a good day.
When I expect, it's a bad day.

Honestly, that's what it's been for me lately.  That simple, that basic.  The more I give, the better my day is.  The less I expect, the better my day is.  The less I give, the worse my day is.  The more I expect, the worse my day is.

Give it some thought, and try to come out of it happier, with a brighter outlook on life, an ease to your walk, and lightness to your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment