Sunday, April 11, 2010

SFM Training : Week 1 Review, Week 2 Preview

Whew, 1 week down, 15 more to go.

Monday was Yoga night.  90 minutes with my favorite teacher after a busy day at work.  Felt great.

Tuesday was intervals.  8x400m at the gym on the treadmill.  Short intervals like that are great, and I felt pretty good throughout.  A short warmup and stretch beforehand and a nice cool-down and stretch afterward.

Wednesday was Yoga night.  60 minutes with a new teacher, some nice stretches and ab work.

Thursday was tempo.  3 mile tempo run at the gym on the treadmill.  Ugh!  Tempo runs are usually really tough for me, and this was no exception.  I had time constraints due to work, etc., so just a quick warmup, the tempo run, a quick walk, and outta there.  I really needed some time to stretch afterwards, but didn't have it.  But, overall, I didn't feel too bad with the tempo run, better than I expected.

Friday was Yoga morning at home.  90 minutes of P90X yoga + 10 minutes of deep meditation.  I was exactly what I needed.  I felt great, open and thoroughly worked out, with a calmness of mind I needed for the day.

Saturday was a hilly LSD (long-slow distance) 10-mile run.  I felt absolutely great throughout the run, even on the vicious hills I'm throwing in.  I think the intervals and tempo runs during the week made the slower pace very comfortable.  And all of the yoga just put everything back together.

Sunday is a rest day, and I'm gonna ... rest.  I'm gonna get a massage, attend a Yoga workshop, and grab a nice dinner in the City to mark and celebrate this first week.

Now for Week #2 upcoming, the distances and intervals get a little longer:

M: Yoga
TU: 4x1200m intervals
W: Yoga
TH: 5 mi tempo
F: Yoga
SA: 12 mi hilly LSD run
SU: Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment