Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Dream of Dreams

Man, I had an incredible dream last night.  Thinking about Inception, and the 'kicks' that go from dream to dream, I think I had one of the magical moments.

I haven't lived a perfect life, far from it.  And I have hurt a few people in my past with my words and my actions.  Well, in this dream, I visited each and every one of them.  I remember it vividly.  I was in their home, stayed with each one not for just a moment or two, but for a while, several days or weeks at a time.  I remember talking not only with them, but with their relatives, their kids, the significant others as well, explaining to them what I was like, what I did wrong, how sorry I was, and how I much I wanted to make up for all it.  It was crazy, the clarity of the moments, the words I chose to say, the expressions on faces, all felt so real.  Luckily for me and my soul, there were a finite number of people I visited, but I remember them all in my dream.

They say that the mind can't distinguish between thoughts in dreams and those in reality.  And this dream for me gave me a sense of relief that I have been longing for.  A huge burden was lifted, and I know I felt someone was telling me that I was forgiven for all of those indiscretions and actions, and that it was okay to move on.

So, to those of you beautiful people who were part of my dream, and hence part of my life, I say to you thank you for your kindness, I wish you nothing but the best in your pursuits in life, and I pray that happiness finds it's way to you and your family, wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment